Slowlife Lodge Niseko – or Slowlife Petit Hotel to give it the offical title – is an increasingly rare species in ever-more upmarket Hirafu. The ski world knows and loves Niseko nowadays, and as luxury apartments and hotels proliferate in Upper Hirafu a lot of the original character that lured powder chasers here along with the snow has been lost along the way.
Nothing wrong with deluxe western style apartments and 5-star service if that’s what you want, and want to pay for.
But if you want a more old school, personal experience, where the owners are also hosts and guides able to help you maximise your time here while still keeping costs reasonable, then Slowlife Lodge Niseko is the answer.
Enjoy the warmth and hospitality of this Japanese Pension located close to restaurants and bars and a short walking distance to Hirafu village center.
The comfortable Bed & Breakfast accommodation consists of western rooms with modern shared facilities, plus one apartment available with ensuite that sleeps 6 in comfort.
Slowlife features the convenience of both the Hirafu and Hanazono free shuttle buses stopping nearby for easy access to and from lifts, that operate from 8.15am until 8.30pm main season.
Slowlife Lodge Niseko is a lot more than a comfortable place to sleep.
It’s your home away from home. Dinners, Onsen trips, nightlife and trips to other nearby ski resorts are all organised on a regular basis by your friendly hosts.
The large common area provides a great after ski venue for a drink and a chat after another epic day in the powder that Niseko is famous for. The free aprés snacks are always a hit. Over the years return guests have become like a big family, with many ‘Slowlifers’ booking the next year’s adventure before they leave, so it is advisable to book early.
Slowlife Lodge Niseko accommodation details
Comfortable Bed & Breakfast lodge accommodation featuring:
- Western Style lodge accommodating 30 guests.
- Daily full breakfast. Apres ski bar snacks.
- Common lounge room with satellite TV.
- Optical fiber internet access – Wifi.
- Central heating & Coin L’dry facilities
- Ski & board storage & Drying room.
- Snacks and drinks available on premises.
- Great showers and deep baths.
- Magnificent views of Mt Yotei.
- Range of different rooms catering for 2/3/4/6 guests.
- Cheap rates for early/late season group bookings
Reservation rates per person per day in JPY ¥.
|Studio Apartment: Sleeps 2 – 6
|Email for rates
Slowlife Lodge Niseko can organise a range of activities to enhance your Japanese ski holiday. From ski adventures to onsen trips and aprés ski, they will make your holiday one of the best trips you have ever had.
Some of the guided adventures they can take you on include:
- Cat Skiing at your own private resort
- Day trips to Rusutsu Ski Resort
- Day trips to Moiwa Ski Resort
- Snowmobile adventures – No speed limits apply on this one!!!!!
- Private mountain nearby accessed by snowmobile tow.
- Onsen trips to traditional Japanese outdoor rock pool onsen in nearby village.
- Group Dinners to the best local restaurants and bars.
Where is Slowlife Lodge Niseko?