Mr Ruapehu 2021 Season Passes go on sale today at 12 noon today with some important differences – most notably a 20% cut in numbers available.
Despite New Zealand enjoying one of the World’s best COVID-19 response records, they are acting pre-emptively anyway to limit numbers on the dual mountains (Whakapap and Turoa) that make up Mr Ruapehu.
The mid-week Earlybird Season Pass is only NZD $299, the full pass $599, so they are huge value.
Here’s the lowdown from RAL CEO Jono Dean.
“This year with all the challenges faced by the RAL team and visitors we’ve decided to focus on the whole mountain offering, the overall experience and how we can make it even better for 2021.
“So with that in mind we’re limiting the number of passes available to 20% less than this year. The 2021 season at Mt Ruapehu will be all about visitors being able to make the most of every day on the mountain, and a deliberate shift for us towards sustainable guest numbers.”
The Earlybird Season passes will only be available until the end of October, or until sold out, and not for sale after that, unlike previous years. “Due to this we expect them to be snapped up very quickly,” Jono says.
The key differences with the 2021 Early Season Passes include:
MORE, MORE, MORE
Some great new features, inclusions and package prices.
- Early access to bookable parking each week (ahead of the general public) at no charge
- A free Youth Season pass with each Adult Season Pass sold*
- Free skiing from purchase until the end of season 2020 (including our November extensions)
- 4 x Anytime Buddy passes
- Discount on food & beverage and retail, now increased to 15%
- Night skiing at Whakapapa
MORE FOR LESS
While the number of Season Passes is capped, mid-week mountain visits are more affordable than ever at $299 for an Earlybird Adult Mid-Week Pass. An Earlybird Adult Anytime Season Pass is $599. Both passes are available until the end of October or until sold out.
MORE FOR FAMILIES
Families also get some great bonus adds:
- We are giving a FREE Youth Season Pass with each Adult Pass purchased*
- In day pass pricing there are new family rates and family packages
- Cheaper and earlier access to Ski and Ride programmes for all ages (with no need to book your parking each week)
Early Bird Season Passes are on sale as of midday today (Friday 9 October) and there is now just one Season Pass sale period. Season Pass buyers have until the end of October (or until sold out) to save 40% on a full price Adult Season Pass. There will be no other sales periods.
“Kiwis headed to the mountain as much as they could this season, working around the varying COVID Alert Level restrictions that were in place, and we’re looking forward to welcoming our guests again in 2021,” Jono says.
For full details & pricing check the RAL website here