Never mind in the snow, you can sing in the rain in The Summit Series™ Chamlang FUTURELIGHT™ shell, it’s that good at keeping you dry!
Our gear guru Peter Wunder is ready at Thredbo to try and beat his 113 days ridden last season – rain, hail, snow or shine – in his The Summit Series™ Chamlang FUTURELIGHT™ Jacket.
“It is a super light shell but feels very strong. I don’t think you could rip it if you tried. I love that all the pockets and vent zips are fully sealed to keep all the water out.”
“This jacket just keeps you dry even on the rainiest days. Which on a board on soft snow and no one else out can be a lot of fun – never miss a day on snow!” (Pete means what he says – check out his rode every day it was open at Thredbo feature in the new issue)
Available in Men’s or Women’s versions, the Chamlang is fully featured for ice climbing, which provides crossover benefits for skiing/boarding. Like fully attached, fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood with a bonded brim, no shoulder seams for reduced bulk and extra comfort while you’re wearing a pack, and underarm gussets for better mobility.
$AUD 800 / $NZD 900 more: https://thenorthface.com.au
Chamlang Futurelight Features
- Standard fit
- Breathable-waterproof, seam-sealed FUTURELIGHT™ 3L shell
- Articulated patterning for fit and mobility
- Targeted use of YKK® Zippers® AquaGuard® FLATKNIT® zips helps reduce bulk and increase flexibility
- Attached, fully adjustable, helmet-compatible hood with a bonded brim
- No shoulder seams for reduced bulk and extra comfort while you’re wearing a pack
- Underarm gussets for better mobility
- #5 YKK® Zippers® AquaGuard® VISLON® center front zip
- Harness-compatible hand pockets with YKK® Zippers® AquaGuard® FLATKNIT® zips and an internal pouch in left pocket
- Underarm vents with YKK® Zippers® AquaGuard® FLATKNIT® zips
- Bonded cuff tabs with a hook-and-loop closure
- Brushed-tricot chin guard and collar lining with laser-cut perforations in the draft flap for breathability and comfort
- Large internal mesh drop pocket
- Internal hem cinch-cord with single-point adjustment
ERRATUM: In our 2023 print issue review a stuff-up in pre-production meant we accidentally published an early version of the copy for this which says the jacket has Gore-tex, which is incorrect. Human error – obviously time we were replaced by AI Bots …