Perisher normally open early whenever they can these days – like May 31st in 2019 – and they are back with a bang today to kick off the 2021 season. Front Valley with a nice park set up already kept locals happy.
For the rest of us who have to travel, the LWE is looking good with snow in the forecast and events back!
To kick-off the June Long weekend, guests can look forward to:
- Night Skiing & Boarding plus Fireworks: On Saturday night, Front Valley will light up for a firework display from 7:20pm. Night skiing and Boarding will run from 6pm to 9pm.
- Family Fun: With Dan Druff the Clown, your little ones are welcome and perfectly catered for. Whether they’re experienced shredders or first timers about to jump on a beginner carpet, Perisher’s got you covered.
- Rail Rampage: Guests can join Perisher for a ski and snowboard park progression session to start the season off, show off to win prizes and plenty of encouragement from the Perisher team.
- The Perisher Snowsports School: Will offer lessons for those taking their first turns, or looking to sharpen their skills.
- Free Live entertainment: Circadian Rhythm playing will be playing at JAX Bar and Chargrill on Saturday and Sunday from 12 noon and from 6pm to 9pm on Saturday night with Smiggins Hotel featuring Hussy Hicks from 3pm daily plus DJ Freddie Fly Fingers on Saturday night from 9pm.
Perisher will continue to operate within relevant government regulations as and when they evolve relating to COVID-19 and resort operations. Cleaning and safety protocols will be in place to protect guests, communities, and employees consistent with public health requirements. Guests should expect to purchase products on-line and in advance, use QR check-in codes at indoor venues, and be strongly encouraged to wear face coverings, physically distance, and adopt good hygiene measures in the resorts.
The opening day for Mount Hotham and Falls Creek, is set for 12 June, subject to snow and weather conditions.