Perisher is go this weekend people:
“We’re excited to announce that with the current storm bringing over 30cms of snow to Perisher and the hard work our snowmakers – Perisher will open one week early for the 2022 snow season on Saturday 4 June.
With over 50cms of snow still to come over the next week we’re looking forward to welcoming guests back to Perisher and kicking off the season. Epic Australia Pass holders will be able to head straight to the slopes with their valid Mountain Access Card. All other guests should purchase their lift tickets online and in advance.
Important ‘know before you go’ information for this weekend, 4-5 June, at Perisher.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Perisher Front Valley – The Village 8 Express chairlift, Mitchell T-Bar and Carpet #4 will begin loading at 8:30am with skiing on Front Valley areas.
Opening Weekend Services and Mountain Dining:
- Jax Bar and Grill – Will be open in the Perisher Centre providing meals and drinks from 8am until lifts close
- Snowsports Rentals – Will be open from 7.30am on Saturday morning offering ski, board, boot and clothing hire. Rentals should be purchased online and in advance.
- Snowsports School – Will not be open this weekend. Private lessons will commence from 11 June, while group lesson offerings will commence from 18 June. All lessons should be purchased online and in advance.
- Perisher Retail stores – Will be open daily from from 8:00-5:00pm
- Skitube – Will not be running
Health + Safety Information: Detail on all health and safety protocols is available on Perisher’s website, key things to know include:
- Covid-19 vaccination – The safety of our guest, staff and community is our number one priority. While we currently do not require resort visitors to be vaccinated for Covid-19, any future COVID-19 vaccination or related requirements for this season (and future seasons) will be determined in accordance with Government health advice, and applicable public health orders and directions. Please check Perisher’s website regularly to understand the latest resort requirements.
- Travelling to the Resort – The forecast is showing more snowfall for the weekend. All guests travelling to the resort should travel safely and check road requirements before leaving.
Early season protocols are in place: Early season conditions currently exist, and we require skiers and riders to observe all posted signs and warnings for their safety. Closed trails may contain hazards due to limited natural snow coverage and snowmaking operations.