Anyone heading to America to ski from Australia is in for sticker shock at the ticket window/online checkout as the Aussie dollar dives – if you don’t have an Epic Australia or Ikon Pass you will be paying way more to ski & snowboard.
Copper is not as big as nearby Breckenridge, or as flash as nearby Vail, but it does have plenty of decent terrain neatly split level wise so the good, the bad, and the in-between level skiers can easily find their preferred zone.
What will you pay? At USD 474 for your 4 + 1 FREE special you get 5 days for around AUD 750 – or $150 Aussie per day skied.
Right now the Epic Australia Pass is still showing $959, which of course gives you all season at Perisher, Hotham & Falls Creek, plus all you see below for the following northern winter (if you want to go Epic for this coming northern winter and don’t have the 2023 Epic OZ pass you will need the Epic Pass available at epicpass.com – the Epic Local Pass at USD 719 / @ AUD 1135 is the best value there.
We have said it before and we’ll now say it again – the more the Aussie dollar drops the more great value is the Epic Australia Pass. Whether or not you actually use it at home – you could plan both a Japan and a Europe ski trip with it (Switzerland, Austria, France & Italy!), and get decent snow mileage in Canada too.
With war and disaster all over the place and the Chinese economy likely tanking demand for Aussie iron ore & coal you don’t have to be an economic Nostradamus to foretell a surge in our dollar against the greenback is unlikely.
The IKON Pass offers similarly great value. In fact for just double the cost of Copper Mountain’s 5th day FREE option as mentioned you can get all season access there with an IKON Base Pass, their best value at USD 979 / AUD @ $1550. Buying that now gives you 23-24 season access up north plus some days at Thredbo, Buller, Coronet Peak/The Remarkables/Mt Hutt & Valle Nevado for southern winter 2024.
These are the 2024 Epic Australia Pass inclusions:
10 Days Combined Lift Access at these North American resorts (2024/25) – Excluding Restricted Peak Dates.
Restricted Peak Dates apply; Days do not have to be consecutive
- US: Vail, Beaver Creek
- Canada: Whistler Blackcomb
Unlimited Lift Access at these North American resorts – (2024/25) Excluding Restricted Peak dates
Restricted Peak Dates apply
- US, Rockies: Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City
- US, Tahoe: Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood
- US, East: Stowe
Unlimited and Unrestricted Lift Access at these North American resorts (2024/25)
No Restricted Peak Dates
- US, Rockies: Crested Butte
- US, West Stevens Pass
- US, East: Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Mount Snow, Attitash Mountain Resort, Wildcat Mountain, Crotched Mountain, Hunter Mountain, Liberty Mountain Resort, Roundtop Mountain Resort, Whitetail Resort, Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Seven Springs, Hidden Valley (PA), Laurel Mountain
- US, Midwest: Wilmot, Afton Alps, Mt Brighton, Alpine Valley, Boston Mills, Brandywine, Mad River Mountain, Hidden Valley (MO), Snow Creek, Paoli Peaks
5 Days Combined Lift Access at Resorts of the Canadian Rockies (2024/25)
No Restricted Peak Dates; Days do not have to be consecutive
- Canada, Alberta: Nakiska
- Canada, British Columbia: Fernie Alpine Resort, Kimberley Alpine Resort, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- Canada, Quebec: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Stoneham Mountain Resort
5 Days Lift Access at each of these Japanese resorts (2024/25)
No Restricted Peak Dates; Days must be consecutive at each resort.
- Hakuba Valley
5 Days Lift Access at Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis (2024/25)
No Restricted Peak dates; Days do not have to be consecutive.
- Switzerland: Andermatt-Sedrun-Disentis
7 Days Lift Access at Skirama Dolomiti (2024/25)
No Restricted Peak Dates; Days do not have to be consecutive.
- Italy: Madonna di Campiglio, Pinzolo, Folgarida-Marilleva, Pejo, Ponte di Legno-Tonale, Andalo-Fai dalla Paganella, Monte Bondonne, Alpe Cimbra Folgaria-Lavarone
7 Days Lift Access at Les 3 Vallées (2024/25)
No Restricted Peak dates; Days must be consecutive.
- France: Courchevel, Méribel, Brides-les-Bains, Les Menuires, Sanit-Martin-de-Belleville, Val Thorens, Orelle
3 Days Lift Access at Ski Arlberg (2024/25)
No Restricted Peak Dates; Days must be consecutive and lodging purchase is required.
- Austria: St Anton, St Christoph, Lech, Zurs, Stuben