Gives thanks on Thanksgiving, the mighty Jackson Hole is back for season 54 with some great improvements for 2019-2020 and a commitment to a whopping 137 day season, starting today!
“It’s been a busy summer and fall packed full of operational enhancement projects all over the mountain” says JHMR’s President Mary Kate Buckley. “We’re ready for a great winter ahead and look forward to putting JHMR’s new improvements to work.”
What’s new at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort:
- LIFTS AND TERRAIN: Brand new quad chair lift (opens Dec. 2019) expands uphill access to the new Solitude Station Learning Center, making access to a dedicated terrain-based learning beginner ski area more efficient. An additional 14 new cabins have also been added to Sweetwater Gondola significantly increasing capacity to Solitude and Casper-area terrain.
- FACILITIES AND SERVICES: New state-of-the-art ticketing center located at the Tram Building delivers a more efficient ticketing process complimenting other base area improvements.
- SNOWMAKING AND TERRAIN: Investment in snowmaking for enhanced early season terrain access with extensive mountain glading, significantly expands skiable terrain.
- PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION: More efficient parking solutions with the addition of 242 new parking spaces at the Stilson Transit Center with increased express shuttle service to Teton Village addresses parking and public transportation capacity.
In addition to infrastructure enhancements, JHMR is excited to announce the launch of an entirely new digital experience with the new JH Insider App. “This powerful and essential mobile tool is designed to deliver the best on-mountain experience for every guest,” notes JHMR’s Chief Brand Officer Tyler LaMotte. “It’s a great way for guests to stay informed with the most current resort insider information before, during and after a visit,” LaMotte offers. JH Insider allows guests an enhanced Jackson Hole experience with the following new and familiar active functions including:
Helpful Resort Information:
- Get daily snow and weather reports in real time
- See up-to-the-minute lift wait times and mountain status information
- View top-to-bottom webcams, including parking lot availability
- Check a.m. and p.m. grooming conditions and status
- Easily reference interactive maps and location identification on the mountain
Personalized Mountain Experience:
- Track your days, runs, vertical, lifts, and time on the mountain
- Find your friends or family members and see their location on the mountain
- Chat with friends and family directly from the app and share your location
- Reference individual activity levels through seamless interaction with Apple Healthkit on iPhone
- Apple Watch integration enables quick interaction with information and leaderboard tracking
JH Insider Benefits: Special promotions, key alerts, and more
JH Insider App is free and available for download from Apple and Google or via jacksonhole.com/jh-insider-app
For more Jackson Hole features check out our interview with local legend and Warren Miller movie starlet Jess McMillan here